Oh, MAN! I LOVE pancakes. But; of course they are usually loaded with butter and white flour and leave me feeling full and blahhh.
Well, a few nights ago we were running low on groceries in the house and the kids were all up in my face for dinner. I started panicking, thinking what can I whip up that we have in the house?? I opened up the Fixate cookbook and realized I had the ingredients to make the Banana Oat Pancakes.
Perfect! My kids are obsessed with pancakes (usually only served on Sundays!) and these ones are way healthier than the ones I typically make. The kids LOVED them and we even sliced up some strawberries for the top and made Breakfast for Dinner!
Want more recipes like this? Check out my free Crockpot Clean Eating eBook!
You can get the full eBook, which includes healthy crockpot meals, healthy sides, & a grocery list by clicking the link below!
Fixate Banana Oat Pancakes
1/2 Purple, 1 Yellow
Serving Size (2) Pancakes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used Cashew milk!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 3 cups fresh mixed berries
- Turn your stovetop on (duh) and heat oil on LOW
- Blend up almond milk, eggs, banana, extract, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and oats
- Cook 1/4 cup of batter at a time for 2 – 3 minutes per side, flip, serve!
- I mean .. they are pancakes. Hopefully you know how to make the rest 🙂
I didn’t have mixed berries in the house, just strawberries, but they were still delicious!
I am LOVING the FIXATE cookbook. I have only been through a few recipes so far but everything I have tried has been awesome so far!