Is it possible to have Thanksgiving without feeling like you are going to BURST??
For me, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and give thanks to those around you and just slow down and spend time with those you love. It’s one of my favorite holidays because families come together in a really meaningful way, and along with that, comes a meal with delicious food, and a lot of times overeating and getting to the point where you just need to recline HAHA.
I don’t know about you but I don’t like that feeling, and this year I am determined to make some changes so that I still enjoy Thanksgiving, but with some moderation!
Did you know the average person will eat over 4500 calories on Thanksgiving Dinner, Dessert & Cocktails? That doesn’t even include breakfast, lunch or any other meals!
As many of you know, I am currently doing Core De Force and am on Day #23. I have been really committed to the program, have lost over 10 pounds and lots of inches, and am feeling FANTASTIC right now. I am currently on the Meal Plan “A”, which is somewhere around 1200 – 1500 calories per day. That means that on Thanksgiving, most people are eating the equivalent of THREE DAYS of meals!!
So, I don’t want to sabotage the results I have been working so hard for. I have set a personal goal of FINISHING this year better than I started! I will enjoy myself and have a drink or two, BUT, I am going to make some different choices than in years past!
Here are a feq quick tips! Watch the video for all of them! I hope this helps you have an enjoyable but still HEALTHY Thanksgiving!!
- Tip #1 – Have BREAKFAST so you don’t go to Thanksgiving dinner STARVING. When you are starving, you will actually eat MORE than you would if you just had a regular meal before
- Tip #2 – Drink LOTS of water throughout the day so you don’t get dehydrated and so that you feel fuller!
- Tip #3 – Try to get in a little exercise – even a walk in the morning will help get the blood flowing and suppress your appetite
- Tip #4 – Load your plate with VEGGIES first, then meat, then the sweet foods. Try using the sweet food sparingly!
- Tip #5 – Try to leave the table or clear your plate so you don’t keep picking afterwards
I hope you have an amazing day with your friends and families 😉 If you liked these tips or want to add your own, please comment on my Facebook video or comment below!